#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, April 19, 2018

art

“No matter what your age or your life path, whether making art is your career or your hobby or your dream, it is not too late or too egotistical or too selfish or too silly to work on your creativity.”  Julia Cameron, the Artist’s Way


IMG_1079



Are you creative? I’ve always taken creativity for granted because it came so naturally to me. It wasn’t until I was an adult that I realized that I was different than some. When people would tell me that they liked the things I did it made me happy since it was so effortless for me to do. Art just came so easy. It was my favorite subject in school and I loved drawing and creating at home. My parents must have recognized a talent in me because they arranged for me to have private art lessons with a neighbor. My goal was to be an art teacher. How life gets in the way. Through circumstances (my parent being in a head on collision) I ended up dropping out of art college and eventually going to another school to be a teacher. I kept using creativity in my teaching in many various ways but actually becoming an artist took a back seat to children and life for a long time. For a while I still drew or painted but eventually turned to embroidery, crafts, and other ways to express myself. I never, ever considered myself as an artist. So many years later, just a while ago, I decided to take a painting class. And that has made all the difference. With the help of capable instructors I have begun to have confidence in myself. You know we are our worst critics and I was the worst. In my mind I knew how I wanted a picture to turn out and if it didn’t meet my standards I was unhappy with it. But through my class I have learned to go with my instincts and I have ended up with some decent canvases that I am proud of. My current teacher is excellent with just the right blend of correction, teaching, and praising that is needed for growth. Now I have more confidence to tackle a difficult task. Sometimes we need a little push and some help to achieve our goals. Now I will say that I am an artist.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.