#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Garden room

When we built on the addition to the back of our house in 2006 I envisioned a garden room with lots of light. And that is what I got. Don and I aren’t the type of people who have looked at a multitude of new homes for sale or gone to all the open houses in the area. In fact, our area really doesn’t lend itself to doing that. My sister who has lived near big cities and moved more often than she’d like to admit has seen so many homes that she has a great idea of exactly what she wants when she finds a house and knows all the latest decorating trends and what materials to use. Don and I on the other hand had no idea of what we were doing when we decided that we wanted more space. It was many hours of agonizing decisions that we were ill prepared to make like where the windows would be and how big and how to plan for a powder room and flooring and mounding and on and on. It is a wonder that it turned out as well as it did. We had an individual contractor put up the shell but Don insisted on doing all the interior work himself...plastering, flooring, plumbing, electricity...so much work and it took over a year to get it completed. But all in all it turned out to be the best things that we had done since it really increased our floor space. We spend all our time in the sunroom now. I still like to decorate it in a garden theme so when I found a tall column covered in green moss at a consignment store I couldn’t resist. (Oh, and that’s a new faux orchid and white lantern too....don’t shoot me Tammy..LOL) Idid a little rearranging, hauled out the cement head and made a whole vignette on the table in front of the window. Since there is snow on the ground it makes me feel like I’m in a botanical garden. 


Y












1 comment :

  1. Anonymous6:47 PM

    OH Pegeen! I love your garden room! and even being faux... (although they never look'faux' anymore!) orchids are a favorite of mine!
    it's beautiful. open and airy and lovely! like its lady resident!
    and to look around it and know that Don DID IT FOR YOU! how lovely is that! it means even more.
    I will never forget one of your posts. it was adorable. and I knew I wanted to follow this lady who wrote it.
    even MOI! yes! as a dyed in the wool minimalist!
    it's your sense of humour. there was a picture of a wreath on the door. and yet the room wasn't anywhere near completed!
    it was totally empty! LOLOL!
    you said you just couldn't wait. LOLOL!!! I loved that post. and I was right about the lady. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.