#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, April 08, 2018

Craft fail

When the sisters get together we like to do a craft. In the past we have made little stone houses, button necklaces, decals on glass, shiny silver eggs and many other things. This time our sister Linda brought a cute idea....which didn’t work.  

She brought galvanized flower pots which we were trying to age using salt, vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. The directions were followed but it just didn’t turn out. We even watched the video and did nothing wrong but somehow it didn’t work. 

We went down in the basement to do the craft and in a minute or two I heard whining from the top of the stairs. Of course it was Sadie who had actually managed to crawl over to the steps and get herself down three steps. I took her down to be with the girls. 

After the craft we sat in front of the fire in the basement listening to classical guitar music. Later on we went to the Tuscan Tavern for dinner. I have had such a good time on my vacation that I really don’t want to go home. Especially to the cold and snow.









2 comments :

  1. When you're with sisters, it doesn't matter what you do, Peggy! Just being together is enough. Sadie didn't want to miss out. She was definitely motivated to be part of the group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:38 PM

    oh beloved little Sadie! such courage.
    and this will be one of those "crafts" you laugh over. you may already be laughing!
    maybe it just wasn't truly 'galvanized' metal to begin with!
    though I wouldn't know it if it bit me! LOL
    hug my Sadie girl for me Auntie Mame! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.