#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, April 21, 2018

WHO DOESN’T LOVE A RUMMAGE SALE?

Should I or shouldn’t I? That was my internal debate this morning as I contemplated going to a rummage sale at a local church. I have been to this one before and they always have the nicest things. My curiosity got the best of me so I ran down at nine o’clock. And I wasn’t disappointed. Have you noticed that a lot of older people are disposing of their wedding china, fancy cake plates, punch bowls, and platters? Along with Corningware bowls, old linens, and books. There was a lot to choose from and the sale was crowded (having a good reputation.) First I rather rapidly scoped out all the tables seeing if there was something special that caught my eye. I know at these sales you should pick something up and carry it around while you are making up your mind or it will be gone by the time you get back to it. The first thing I picked up was a cloche (well, it wasn’t a real cloche because it didn’t have the knob on the top...it was more of a display dome with a wooden bottom. ) But I carried it around quite a while until I decided that it wasn’t exactly what I was looking for. I did find a few other “treasures”. 


Two books...Keepting Entertaing Simple (even though I don’t entertain as much as I used to this book still appealed to me) and Tea at Glenbrooke (which had ideas for teas and some recipes)
Two glass candle holders with lilac candle rings and candles. (I think I am yearning for lilacs and Spring)
A really old Jane Fonda walking dvd. (Hey, if I can look as good as she does at her age it must work)
A long animal print scarf (I’m a sucker for anything animal print)
A glass holder for my tea bags (so I don’t have to open the cupboard and search every day)

All in all it was fun....and I got it all for $7.50....bargain!


2 comments :

  1. Nicely done, Peggy! You found some cool "treasures." I'm avoiding all things like rummage sales or garage sales. I'm trying to declutter. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:03 PM

    i remember "waiting for the lilacs" at my gram's in NY. i love them. they still say SPRING to me! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.