#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, April 23, 2018

Best laid plans



I fully intended to paint yesterday but a sore throat got in the way and I spent most of the day fighting off this bug that is determined to take me. It seems last week I have been feeling poorly every other day as my body alternately fights or gives in to being sick. Even so I managed to clean the top of my closet where I store my personal memorabilia and managed to dispose of my college yearbooks without a backward glance. Also gone is a wedding record of the cards I received and an old sorority scrapbook from days gone by. I am sure none of these will be missed at all. 
     I put ribbons around the old love letters that my husband wrote to me when he was in the navy in 1963 as well as those I wrote to him. I sat down and reread those pages full of love and hope for the future. Fifty years later the love spark still burns as bright. I hung on to a scrapbook of jokes and personal drawings by my sisters when we celebrated our first anniversary. Looking back at those funny sayings and cartoons brings a smile even today. And my high school yearbooks stayed as well as wedding albums and scrapbooks of my Europe trips. It is nostalgic to look back to years so long ago and remember the fun times I have had. Maybe when I am gone my children will quickly put them in the trash but for now they are cherished. 
   What have you saved from the past that means so much to you? (I found my old ponytail...can you believe it?)



3 comments :

  1. Anonymous4:29 PM

    lol! i can believe your pony tail!
    i cherish letters from my mother and gram and one just to me from my dad. they will never be thrown away until like you say... i'm gone from the planet. and i also have every letter Bob ever wrote to me. and a few from the Marine when in Viet Nam.
    they are all dear. better than any knick knack. now those i have no trouble parting with as you know! LOL
    xo get well soon darling bean. try to REST! hug my Sadie girl for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few old letters from my mum and grandma. Old postcards and anniversary cards. Lovely that you enjoyed reviewing all those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ponytail???!!! I love it! I hope that you are 100% soon. I cherish my family letters, my photos, and my books, and ..., and ...! I'm a packrat! Glad you're making progress. Super photo at the beginning of this post, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.