#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, April 22, 2018

I’ll get by with a little help from my friends



The sun was shining all day and even though the temperature didn’t get very high it really lifted people’s moods. The snow is finally completely gone and we have hopes that spring has finally arrived. And with spring comes spring cleaning inclinations. Don and I tackled his closet and with his help we managed to sort and discard quite a bit. The main idea was to get like things together. For instance he had some Bradford history books in a bin there which should be with our other books. Some of his coin collection was in the closet too. It needs to be with his other coins. And little odds and ends found there way out of the closet and in to their proper places. It is a chore that Don doesn’t care for and despite his grumbling at times we managed to do a great job. Men don’t understand the concept that when you are doing a big job like that it looks a lot worse until it gets better. He really was happy when it was complete though.
   Later he and I went out to dinner with two other couples who have been our friends for decades. We ate at Togi’s a local restaurant where the food and service were excellent. We all hadn’t been together in a while so we sat and talked for hours. We all agreed that we should do this once a month. When you get older it seems sometimes that you don’t make those special times for friends as often as you should. This next week we decided to go to one gal’s house to help her get organized in her spare room. She is paralyzed with the enormity of letting go and we know that it is a lot easier if someone unattached to the “things” comes and walks you through it. I remember when my sisters visited me after I retired. We went through my closet and they helped me thin down my wardrobe. I donated many bags of clothes that were out of style or just didn’t look that great on me anymore. It is so helpful to see through other’s eyes. 
  Today is laundry day, changing the bed, paying bills..a typical Sunday. My goal today is to paint. I have one more picture in the online class I have been taking. I don’t know if I have been putting it off because I don’t want the class to end or I just haven’t made the time for it. But today is the day!

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous8:03 PM

    well it's not like you haven't been busy! travelling and enjoying your children and grandchildren and sisters and their families!
    clearing out and moving things on are two of my favorite things to do! LOL
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you did get to paint, Peggy! Your Sundays sound like mine, busy and productive. Sending you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.