#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

SIMPLIFY

It’s Spring and the urge to nest is strong. Is it instinctual that women like to clean out their homes for spring? I get a strong urge to get out a bucket of Lysol cleaner and wash everything in sight. I feel the need to open drawers and rearrange purging as I go. Even though there is snow on the ground from last night’s light snow coming down the clock pulls me toward spring with is longer days. I look around each room and imagine all the cleaning I would like to do. Then I compare it to my energy level. I have to admit that I don’t have the stamina at 73 that I once had. I take thing much more slowly now. I can get things done but it takes longer and is harder than it once was. And I hate to admit that. Today will be spent getting things back in order after our vacation, catching up on laundry, and going to my art class. And I want to put away all my Easter decorations. My goal is always to simplify but that seems more difficult than it sounds. It seems I place vignettes on every surface possible and fill every wall with art work. I can’t seem to help myself. Are you feeling spring fever?




5 comments :

  1. You're playing my song here, Peggy. The spirit is oh so willing but the body is weak. But you amaze me with all that you do and the fun you have doing it. I say this because I just got through reading down through some posts I've missed and have seen the fun you've had with family. If they are all as much fun as you are I know there were some really great times.

    It takes a few days to bounce back from a trip though, even a very nice one. And you've been unloading luggage and carrying sweet Sadie up and down basement steps, so rest up. Glad to see you were in TN, I always feel like I can say Howdy neighbor when that happens.

    Love to you,
    Dewena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:12 PM

    I promise not to make a minimalist comment here Auntie Mame!
    it just wouldn't seem right. LOLOL!
    I happen to LOVE Yours and Dewena's home both.
    AND I love all the vignettes! I get to enjoy the beauty and not have to dust.
    it's who you both are. and that's just so beautiful. I'd say don't fight it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am desperate for some spring weather. It will get here just not right away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to clean and scrub, too, Peggy. I'm buried in working through all the catching up after traveling so much. So I do a bit here, doing a bit there as I catch up. Now it's bank statements and budget. Meanwhile I will feast my eyes on your beautiful vignettes! You create such beauty in your personal spaces. There is nothing wrong with cutting yourself a little slack! Put your feet up and enjoy! Spring will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa!!! Am I tired just reading about your Spring Cleaning!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.