#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, April 28, 2018

This is a cocoa day


The daffodils have finally bloomed and I fluctuate between wanting to cut some to bring in the house or leaving them there to enjoy outside. I never seem to enough to do both. A dream of mine is to have a cutting garden with blooms galore. I must work on that this summer. I really don’t know where to begin. I am not a good gardener...just passable. I rely on annuals and really sturdy perennials. But I do love it in the spring when blooms pop up from the year before. 
  We are promised a wonderful warm week in the coming days but this weekend is cool and rainy. I went out early this morning to a vendor’s fair at the local high school. It was small and there wasn’t anything I was interested in. I also went to a local library book sale...finding nothing of great interest. I plan on spending the rest of the day reading or working on the computer. Later I’ll cook a nice dinner for Don and I. I will enjoy the quiet weekend. 

3 comments :

  1. Anonymous4:43 PM

    the Oklahoma City Art Festival is a week long. it started today. as ALWAYS we are expecting high winds and severe storms this coming week. it never fails. one year they had to sleep in shifts just to hold the tents and their art pieces down. it's a very beautiful festival filled with one of a kind art that's very good. and pottery and jewelry and all that you would find in any large festival of its kind. so festive too. and our weather gets them every. single. year. still the crowds go to it. it's just Oklahoma! today they tested our tornado warning system. they'll have about two to three good days before the bad weather hits. and yet they keep coming back year after year!
    i love that you're taking a relaxing lovely day at home! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't I love to be there..wind and all! It sounds like my kind of fun.

      Delete
  2. We are having a glorious spring here ~ I haven't seen such gorgeous blossoms in years. I still can't believe this. I went outside to try to find a bird that was singing its heart out and discovered a huge bush right off the side of my deck covered in blooms. I've been here for twelve years, and I have never seen it blooming. It's probably me and not the bush. Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.