#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, June 23, 2018

A cool day


Today looks like it’s going to rain. There is no sunshine and a slight wind is blowing and it is so dark. The rain has made all the plants grow like mad. My climatis is growing nicely up the arch. I remember how Don was so clever to make forms for the stairs because he knew that when we had the concrete poured for the courtyard that there would be left over concrete to make steps. You can also see in this picture how the climbing hydrangea has pushed its way all over the shed behind the garage. 


I am going to have to find a better way to anchor my little picket fence at the top of the bank because the wind last night knocked a lot of it down. There is a chipmunk who has been busy making a home in the rocks at the top of the waterfall. It drives Sadie crazy to watch him run back in forth. She must remember in her glory day when she would chase them and sit for hours waiting for them to come out. 


The hydrangea that I planted in the round planter must like it there. It has increased in size although the blooms are finished. Will it bloom again? I fertilized it so I guess I’ll have to wait and see. 


If any of you know how I can keep that screen up on the French doors I sure would like to know. It keeps falling down and I have tried everything besides nailing it up there which I don’t want to do. 

A project for another day. Today I am visiting a friend to help her with a computer problem.







3 comments :

  1. I love the pretty gate at the top of the steps! Everything looks so green, rain is such a blessing.

    Bless Sadie's heart, I know she must still automatically want to chase the chipmunks! We just came back from the vet as James Mason hurt his paw this morning doing that very same thing, we think. Either that or from digging for moles. I comb mud balls and even bits of gravel from his paws, chest, ears every night. RH has put down concrete tiles on every hole they begin but pretty soon the whole garden will be nothing but concrete if they keep it up!

    It's hard to stop a dog from being a dog. Love to Sadie and you, Dewena

    P.S. The colors in your garden, with the greens, are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden and yard are refreshing, Peggy. I love cool days, a respite from heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:13 AM

    oh it's all so lovely! I LOVE lush and green!
    and the sound of a fountain? that would just put me over the top.
    I would sit out there and read while Sadie gave Mr chipmunk the stink eye! LOL! XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.