#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, June 04, 2018

You can’t help your instincts.



I know this isn’t a great picture but I was snapping in a hurry to capture this little bunny. For so many years we didn’t have any rabbits, squirrels or chipmunks around because of our cat Top Gun who was a mighty hunter. One day last week Sadie was barking at something up in the yard and we saw a mother bunny with two babies eating the grass. But yesterday she was just teasing Sadie as she looked out the window. She came so close that that poor dog was whining and barking in a way I haven’t ever heard. I think she was remembering how she would chase anything that moved out of our yard. I do feel so sorry that her life is so immobile at the moment and she cannot enjoy those things which brought her such pleasure.


2 comments :

  1. Anonymous7:35 PM

    oh!
    bittersweet memories. because I love bunnies and I LOVE Sadie! but a wonderful photographic shot! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel for Sadie, and like Tam, for the bunny too! But the joy of our dachshunds' lives is chasing anything that moves in the garden. They've never caught anything, I don't think, but it does keep them active. And not being able to would drive any Jack Russell crazy. However, I think that Sadie is one happy little dog, having you two to care for her so lovingly at this stage in her life. And window patrols are almost as good as actually being there. My two love lying in front of the storm doors and watching what's going on outside.

    Love to Sadie,
    Dewena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.