#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

What do you collect?




When someone asks me “What do you collect?” I have a hard time finding an answer. I used to collect old cookie cutters. In our younger days, when my style was country, Don and I delighted in seeking out auctions or house sales during the weekends. We loved antiques and were always hunting. Don loved old things. He once bought a box full of blackened gas chandelier parts which he polished and turned into a beautiful brass chandelier which still hangs in a room in my house. I would scour the boxes under the tables for very old and odd shaped cookie cutters. I still have them in a box in the attic. I get them out some Christmases just for fun. 
    I am no longer on the hunt to collect but somehow I have accumulated some artichoke things. 

There is something about the shape of an artichoke that fascinates me. The one on the left I got at a resale store very inexpensively. The one on the right is ceramic and shine with silver. The little one in the middle is a tea light holder. 


This one on the left could be used for a thick candle but I have a little artificial plant in it. I gathered them all on the table just for fun. What do you collect...and how do you display them? 





1 comment :

  1. Anonymous6:39 PM

    well... you know my answer. lol!
    but I love it when like your artichokes ... they are all placed together.
    rather than strung out through the whole house. very beautiful table! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.