#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, June 22, 2018

Bliss


How do you know when you are following your bliss? When what you do is making you so happy you could burst. That is how I felt today when I was at my watercolor class. It is held in the most beautiful setting, right on the lake. Today it was rainy so I didn’t get to enjoy walking by the lake. The old trolly depot is large and has been turned into an art studio where Susan teaching watercolor classes during the summer. In the winter she lives in Houston. That is her in the pink demonstrating a watercolor technique where the paper was painted with gesso and the paint could be picked up afterwards. 

Susan had picked a bouquet of various flowers which we painted. It was so relaxing to sit among other artists and paint. Susan will be taking a group to Normandy France in the late summer to paint and I would love to go with her. 

These peonies would make a great subject for a painting. I had such a lovely day. I wish I lived closer an could take the callers more often. I hope to take at least one more this summer. 


This is what I chose to paint today. And this is how it turned out. 














1 comment :

  1. How lovely to follow your bliss, Peggy! Your painting is vibrant and pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.