#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Rain






Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.  I am doing a lot of reading this summer. I am constantly in search of a good page turner. I start to read and if I don’t find the book grabbing my attention by thirty pages or so I let it go. Sometimes the plots are so similar or the writing not to my taste. When I do find an author I like I try to get more books by her. I especially love a good twisted plot mystery or a thriller that you can’t put down. If you have any recommendations let me know. 

It rained most of the day off and on but in the evening when it stopped Don and I sat outside as night fell just to enjoy the lushness of the growing flowers as the lights around the pond glowed. Everything is so fresh and clean after a good rain. 

4 comments :

  1. We had a wonderful good soaking rain last night, everything looks so green here too this morning.

    I find myself reading old favorites on my shelves now more than new books and even ordering more old books instead of new releases. I guess the only current mystery authors I continue to buy as they come out are Louise Penny, from Canada, and Margaret Maron, from North Carolina. Have you read either of them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Louise Penny book was selected for One Book Bradford the first year but I didn’t get a chance to read it. On your recommendation I will find it at the library.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous6:27 PM

    oh my. I can almost smell the fresh cool air in that picture!
    it's 113 heat index here as I write this.
    the marine is gone for two weeks. I went over to his house to water the bird baths and put out seed.
    it was already 85 at 6:45 this morning! AAAGGGH! he said NOT to worry about them. they'll be alright.
    but I can't stand to think of any little creature going where there is water usually and finding NONE!
    I'm pretending I live anywhere but here! LOLOL. I'll go back to reality sometime in November! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t know how you stand that heat. It’s in the nineties today and all weekend will be hot. I can’t wait till we get central air. Tammy let me know if you see this reply in your email. Thanks.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.