#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, June 02, 2018

CAN YOU BELIEVE ALL THOSE CHIVES?


All those chives are volunteers from the chives that are planted in the herb garden. They migrated over to the picket fence area and I’m trying to decide it I want them to stay. In the front are Bachelor Buttons. When my father was here many years ago he went for a walk and came back with a small plant of blue flowers and I planted it there. Over the years it has grown and spread. I love to keep it there as a reminder of him. You can see only one bloom of lupine in the very front. There used to be many plants but this year they must have been pushed out by all the others. I still have more cleaning up to do in this area. 

I have cleaned up along the walkway and planted three Stelladoro lilies. This will give some color to that area after the grape hyacinths are gone. I plan also to plant some tulips there in the fall. I filled in the dirt areas with petunias, impatients, and alyssum. 


On this side of the path are my new plantings of a pink Knock out rose and Delphinium along with small plants in the front. Climbing up the house is a vine that is so prolific that it takes a lot of pruning to keep it from going up on the roof and in the gutters. I made the glass sculptures a few years ago with dishes I found at Goodwill. I also planted my window boxes with million bells this year. Now almost everything is done for the season and it will be a joy to watch it grow.





2 comments :

  1. Peggy, you have chive blossoms already? I don't know what is wrong with ours here, they just don't bloom even in full sun.

    As a lover of all shades of purples and blues, I admire your garden! And those glass sculptures are beautiful. I enlarged the photo but still could not see them very good. I bet you did a post in the past about making them. Do you mind telling what date the post was, if so? I've never seen anything like them. Makes me regret all the cut glass pieces I got rid of when we downsized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:50 PM

    it's beautiful! it looks cool and rich and moist!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.