#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, January 07, 2019

Containerize


Containerize....that is the secret of organization. Some people are naturally neat and organized. I call them OCD..LOL. I like things neat and organized but I don’t come by it naturally. But I have developed systems over the years which work for me. Someone ought to write a manual for newlyweds that points out that if you have a place to put your keys when you enter your house it will save a lot of trouble. Or having bins in your refrigerator will keep the shelves from getting so yucky. Yes, there are a lot of little hints I wish I had learned sooner. Like keeping a pair of scissors in the bathroom too. And not having duplicates. How many spatulas do you need? But one of the best things I learned was to containerize. Boxes and bins have become my friend. Take the box in the picture above. You would never know that inside that box are my spare reading glasses, a candle lighter, hand lotion, some pens and all the remotes. And the person who invented that battery keeper that hangs on my basement stairwell ought to get a prize. Now I know just how many batteries I have and where they are. I still must admit I have an excess of pens hanging out all over the house. And another secret...keeping like things together. If all the flowerpots are together and in one place it makes life easier. I think January always seems to be a month of organization. It’s a good month to rethink how you can make your life easier. I love reading organizing books like Swedish death cleaning. (Yes, it is a thing where older people try to clean out their houses so their kids don’t have to ). Have you learned any “secrets” of organizing that have made your life so much easier?

1 comment :

  1. I am a constant tidier. When ever I leave a room, I look for things I can take with me to throw away or put away.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.