#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, January 25, 2019

Paint Night



Have you ever been to a painting party? Last night was my very first time. Wendy and I have been trying to go to one for a few times now but something always comes up and we couldn’t make it. So last night we planned on going to Ellicotville, NY a ski resort town about an hour away. We had a good time chatting on the way up and back and I really enjoyed getting to know her a little better. 




When we got to The Public House, a small bar, we went up to a spacious room upstairs and met our instructor for the night. She had driven down from Dunkirk which is between Buffalo and Erie to teach the class. 

Gradually people started coming in and there were eighteen of us in all. 





The teacher began the class by telling us to notice that we only had one small paintbrush and six paper towels. 



That is because we painting almost all the picture with the paper towels.  And I loved it! 



We started out brushing on a dark blue then proceeded to add the colors one at a time mixing the secondary colors right on a foam plate. I loved this process and made a pretty sky. 




At the very end we added a silhouette of a tree in black.




 I had to make two attempts at the tree and still am not satisfied with the results.  I love Wendy’s. 








1 comment :

  1. I love the front portrait of you, Peggy! And I love the sky you painted. Tree, too! After several years of traveling A LOT, Terry and I canceled our trip to Hawaii and are taking a time out, as we consider what comes next. You are an inspiration, and I may take a lead from you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.