#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Sunday, January 27, 2019

You are

You are the books you read, 
the movies you watch, 
the music you listen to, 
the people you spend time with, 
the conversations you engage in. 
You are what you take from these. 
You are the sound of the ocean, 
the breath of fresh air, 
the brightest with and the darkest corner. 
You are a collective of every experience 
you have had in your life. 
You are every single day. 
So drown yourself in a sea of knowledge 
and existence.
 Let the words run through your veins 
and let the colors fill your mind."

Jac Vanek


I spent a lot of time in my younger days thinking everyone should be like me. They should think like me, act like me, like the same things I liked. I felt superior to those who didn’t. I thought what I knew was always correct. I gravitated to those who shared my point of view. 

Then I matured. Isn’t diversity wonderful? It’s nice to hear the point of view that differs from yours for that is how you learn. You take the best from those who know better than you and incorporate it into your life and your thinking. You read and gain opinions and arguments that support theories that you never thought possible. 

All your life you have been building you. You are the sum of all you have experienced, the good and the bad. You have learned lessons, sometimes the hard way. Through trial and error you have formed yourself into the person you are. Aren’t you lucky to be individually you?





1 comment :

  1. I am lucky to be me! But I have learned throughout the years that I am no more worthy or deserving or special than anyone else. I've just been blessed with good fortune, and more and more I ask, why me, why not someone else? There are so many amazing people in the world, and every one unique. Have a good one, Peggy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.