#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, January 21, 2019

Paperwhites

On a cold winter's day like today I needed something to lift my spirits. What is my most favorite thing to do? Decorate and make vignettes. I've been seeing paperwhites all over the web blogs. A lot of bloggers force grow their own and I have done this in previous years. But I also have some that are pretty close to real so I decided I needed to make a vignette. 
   I have been in that transitional time of decorating where my Christmas things are all put away but I left out some pinecones and trees and wintry things. 
  One of my favorite places to decorate is the end of the fireplace where I found an old trunk at an antique co-op. And here are the results.
 
 I used the french wire basket and old Frenchy looking pots. Then I string some brown velvet ribbon from side to side and added very French looking black and white ribbon on it. I made this little paperwhite sign and used some wooden clothespins with French writing on them to hold it on. 


I had some small pots of snowdrops on one side and a white lantern on the other. I'm very happy with the way this vignette turned out.


1 comment :

  1. Your vignette is darling, Peggy! I bet you keep Don entertained with your changing indoor landscapes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.