#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, January 10, 2019

The treadmill

Like most women in January I make a resolution to eat better and exercise more. For me that means going to the gym at the YMCA more often. I joined the Y over a year ago or more but haven’t been consistent at using the exercise room. So Monday morning I went. I really have no excuse for not going since it is right downtown, only five minutes from my house. And it is convient to go right after coffee at ten o’clock since on Mondays and Thursdays we have coffee at a downtown restaurant John Williams Pastry Shop (by the way I need a gold star since I never, ever, buy anything sweet there in the morning). So Monday morning is the time to make a new habit. My goal is to walk everyday for 20 minutes this week. So I hopped on the treadmill. 


I must say I really don’t mind being on the treadmill. I plug in to my phone and listen to one of my favorite podcasts, Happier in Hollywood, while I am walking. But I do have to push myself to finish the whole twenty minutes at a speed which is fast for me. After I am done I am tired which makes it hard to come home and do anything else. 

AT one time I had a treadmill at home. But there wasn’t a good place for it in my house and it ended up in my bedroom which is small to begin with. And like all things that are new I walked on it faithfully and then sporadically and then not at all and it became a place to hang clothes. Eventually I sold it at a garage sale. I find it easier to be disciplined if I have to attend a class or go to a gym. 
  So this week I have gone to the gym twice and in between times I have put on Jane Fonda’s old walking tape at home. I need to start getting in walking shape because I am planning on going to Hawaii with my sister in the spring. 







1 comment :

  1. Happy New Year, Peggy! Kudos to you for walking more! And how exciting that you and your sister are planning a trip to Hawaii ~ There's motivation! I need to walk more and eat better too. Wishing you success!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.