#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, January 18, 2019

We are not too old to date


 I love to go on a date with my husband. You would think after being married for 53 years (on January 22nd) that we would tire of each other’s company. But that is not the case (and probably the reason we are still together). We spend a lot of time together, day in and day out. It is necessary to  also have some separate time which is why he fished and I joined clubs. 



   Yesterday Don and I went to Buffalo to spend the day with each other and celebrate our anniversary. We started out at Cabela’s and did a little shopping (I love their moccasin slippers) followed by a great lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. I did a quick run through at Pottery Barn just to see what they had on display. I haven’t been to the Galleria Mall in quite a long time. We made a few other stops at Home Goods and Hobby Lobby before heading home. It was good to get out of town and the weather was cold but the roads were clear. We are expecting a big snowstorm on Saturday afternoon.  Chris is coming up to take us out for dinner for our anniversary. 

Today I went to a Literary Club luncheon at the hospital. Every year we have a luncheon there and always look forward not only to the good food but we always have a speaker. This time it was the CEO of the hospital who told us about the financial plight of rural hospitals. 

2 comments :

  1. All of a sudden I can not load any pictures either. I started having trouble last fall. The computer person who comes to help me could not figure it out either. Ann was more successful and for a few days I was able to get some pictures from my good Nikon camera in the spot where I cold use them in my blog. But no more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 53 years married, Peggy! Terry and I are only 34 years in. I'd be 87 if we make it to 53 years together ~ hard to imagine! It sounds like you had a wonderful day trip to Buffalo. We had more snow today. Not a lot of accumulation, but it was cold and windy. We met friends for dinner and laughs. I really love our fireplace on days like this. I hope that you have fun with Chris!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.