#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Small town living

There are people who deride me for living in a small town with its lack of great restaurants and shopping. But I have visited bigger cities with their traffic and waiting in lines and I can say I love my hometown. Where else are you five minutes from your doctors, dentists, and insurance people?  And because it’s a small town when I called the bank on a Saturday morning when I bought a car on the spur of the moment they immediately transferred some money for me instead of waiting for me to do the necessary paperwork. And because it’s a small town the audiologist I see is the mother of the ophthalmologist I see where we talk about her new baby. And because it’s a small town I can count on help when I need it. And because it’s a small town my dentist can get me right in when I have an emergency. And because it’s a small town I don’t have to order in the restaurants we visit in the morning because the waitresses already know what I want and set it in front of me. Yes, it is a small town but the advantages are many. I can look out my window at the hill behind me and find a peace that city dwellers should long for. 


Joan even gets her own personal coffee carafe at Perkin’s because she takes her coffee half regular and half decaf. Now that’s service. 


3 comments :

  1. Peggy, you did a perfectly lovely job of phrasing this post. I think a lot of us hunger for this kind of community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your thoughts on small town living.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's unkind of people to deride you for living where you do. You have found your perfect niche.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.