#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Questions

 Here are some more questions from my friend at Preppy Empty Nester. Maybe you can share some of your answers in the comments.  

1. So... do you like croissants?  What is your favorite way to eat them?

Today is National Croissant day. I love croissants but don’t eat them often since they are high calorie. My favorite way to eat them is filled with chicken salad. My favorite memory about a croissant is sitting with my friend Yrsa high up in the mountains of Provence, France. We had been walking around this quaint little mountain village shopping and talking when we decided to stop at a small pastry shop. We purchased a chocolate croissant. It’s like a regular croissant except it has a small amount of dark chocolate in the center. I’ll never forget sitting there and how special that day was. 

2.  Speaking of food... how do you handle stress?

Of course food is my go to in order to make myself feel better. Ice cream is my food of choice or chocolate. But when I am really rock bottom I climb into a tub filled with bath salts and bubbles and stay in there for a long, long time refilling the water when it gets cold. I do a little crying and then let the water soothe me. 

3.  Out of the negative emotions of greed, anger, jealousy, and hate, which on affects you the most?

I rarely feel greed, jealousy or hate so I think anger affects me the most. I never learned how to handle anger so I avoid confrontation if I can. I never learned to fight back or let my anger show. I’m the one who always can think of what I should have said hours later. I really never stuck up for myself. 



4.  Out of the positive emotions of compassion, positivity, enthusiasm, and initiative which one is your biggest strength?


I think that positivity is my biggest strength. I try to always find the best outlook no matter what the situation. 

5.  What do you get everytime you go to the grocery shopping, other than staples such as bread, milk, butter, flour, sugar..

That’s a good question. I don’t think there is anything I get every time but often I pick up milk and creamer for Don for his coffee. (Oops, I guess that’s a staple). I like to buy Emergency C. It’s a powdered vitamin C that I put in my smoothie every morning. I think it keeps me from getting colds. 

6.  Please tell us something random about your week so far.

We are not going out for coffee tomorrow morning. It is going to be even colder than today and it is -3 right now. I plan on staying home all day and reading David Baldacci’s newest..Long Road to Mercy. 





2 comments :

  1. Hi Peggy! I love croissants, but like you I eat them very rarely because of their calorie content. I also like them with chicken salad and everything is better with chocolate. :) It is so cold! I checked the temperature when I came in from taking the trash out this morning and it was -6! Today is a good day to stay inside and read a book. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Peggy! I hope that you enjoy reading your book and that you stay warm. I love chocolate croissants, but I only treat myself to them when I'm traveling. I really enjoyed them with cappuccino on sidewalk cafes in Italy. I'm a stress eater, and chocolate is my go to relief. Anger affects me the most. Enthusiasm is my biggest strength. I always buy olives from the deli bar and peppadew peppers whenever they are available. I cooked Swiss chard for the first time. Terry loved it; me, I managed to swallow it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.