#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Preppy Empty Nester

One of the favorite blogs on my sidebar is Preppy Empty Nester. If you click at the sidebar you also will be able to enjoy her blog. Today she posed some interesting questions which I will attempt to answer....

1. Tell us something about your life in 1973.

1973 was a pretty exciting life for the Karrasch household. We were living in a small house on Tuna Crossroads.  It was our first real house but very small. A new highway was coming through the center of town and they were buying up all the properties which were in the way.  Our house was one of the last that was bought and they must have had money left over for they gave us way more than the house was worth. This enable us to buy our current home. We moved here in September of that year and I was 8 months pregnant with Ryan. 1973 was exciting because we added another boy to our family. 

2. What was your favorite pastime as a child?

I always brag that I grew up in the best neighborhood ever. It was the days of Sally, Dick, and Jane in the fifties and we were in and out of our neighbors’ houses like they were our own. We had a gang of neighborhood children and our favorite pastime was to play outdoors...all day, every day. Even in the winter we bundled up with snowsuits to go out with our friends and wouldn’t come in despite snow down our necks and in our boots until our parents’ called. 





3. What is the best way to cheer you up on a bad day?

A phone call from one of my sisters or my friends definitely cheers me up when I am down. I really miss my best friend who passed away because no matter how bad I was feeling she had a way of making it better. She and I would get in the car and go off shopping to take my mind off anything that was bothering me. One time in the middle of winter when I had cabin fever we went to a store that had gotten in their patio tables already. We both sat down in the chairs and pretended that we were in the middle of summer....and laughed at each other. 






4.  How old were you when you first started dating? Do you remember your first date? 

I was boy crazy..yes, I admit it. My first real official date was Cyril who asked me to the Apple Blossom Ball.  I think I was 15. It was a “fancy” dress up affair and mom and I shopped for a pretty dress. I even got my hair done. 

5. Do you like fig Newtons?

Yes, I love them. I like anything with dates in it. Date bread, date pinwheel cookies, even plain dates to eat. 

6.  TEll us something random ab out your week. 

 My sleep patterns have been all over the place this week. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and can’t get back to sleep.  Other times I sleep in way past my normal wake up time. There are nights when I can’t get to sleep. I’m trying to establish a regular routine. If I go to sleep around ten o’clock I seem to do all right. 


Will you share your answers to those questions?

1 comment :

  1. Hi, Peggy! I see Dick, Sally, Puff, and Spot! And patio tables. It sounds like 1973 was a special year for you. 1. I started 1973 in Madrid, Spain having recently met my first husband. I went home to Newfoundland, then went to California to see my fiancé. We drove to Nova Scotia for our wedding and my brother's wedding. Then I moved to California. It was quite year! 2. Favorite pastime as a child ~ running wild. My childhood started out like yours, and followed a similar pattern of being outside a lot, but our home was always changing. 3. Getting out into nature or talking with one of my siblings always cheers me up. 4. I went on my first date at 16 going on 17. I lived in Freeport on an island that was 10 miles long. We drove to the opposite end of the island, had snacks at the canteen, parked with the game warden to look for people jacking deer, and then went home. Romantic, eh? 5. Yes, I like fig newtons, but I can't keep any sweets in the house. 6. I'm having the same sleep issues as you ~ argh! My hairdresser/mani-pedicurist and I talked nonstop for 3.5 hours while she transformed me. We've known each other for over 30 years. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.