#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, January 03, 2019

Yawn

Remember that lovely long sleep that I had?  Not last night. I found it very difficult to get to sleep and it was well after twelve when I finally closed my eyes only to wake up close to four. And I couldn’t get back to sleep despite trying all the tricks I usually use. So I stayed awake and wow am I tired tonight. I wonder how long it’s going to take to get back into my regular sleep rhythm?
  Ideally my body bedtime is ten o’clock.  I used to joke and say that a gong hit me over the head then because I would be so sleepy then and if I went to bed I would fall into the most blissful sleep.  
  When I was young until I never had to think about sleeping. But I think we older folks have a little more trouble with our bodies. I recently have begun to rely on Meletonin. 


I've always envied people who sleep easily. Their brains must be cleaner, the floorboards of the skull well swept, all the little monsters closed up in a steamer trunk at the foot of the bed.” 
― David Benioff, City of Thieves
I've got a bad case of the 3:00 am guilts - you know, when you lie in bed awake and replay all those things you didn't do right? Because, as we all know, nothing solves insomnia like a nice warm glass of regret, depression and self-loathing.” 
― D.D. Barant, D

But [Pooh] couldn't sleep. The more he tried to sleep the more he couldn't. He tried counting Sheep, which is sometimes a good way of getting to sleep, and, as that was no good, he tried counting Heffalumps. And that was worse. Because every Heffalump that he counted was making straight for a pot of Pooh's honey, and eating it all. For some minutes he lay there miserably, but when the five hundred and eighty-seventh Heffalump was licking its jaws, and saying to itself, "Very good honey this, I don't know when I've tasted better," Pooh could bear it no longer.” 
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.