#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Random Saturday

        Just a few thoughts on a cold Saturday morning.....

I’ve talked before about Marie Kondo and her method of tidying up but I’m amazed at the influence she has had on me. I always get the urge to organize the house in January. It’s a great month to do that since you are stuck inside anyway. But since seeing her videos on Netflix she has created an organizing monster. I have cleaned out closets and drawers and it gives me great satisfaction to see things all neatly organized. My latest project was cleaning out my linen closet. 

I used some boxes that I had from when I subscribed to Nikki’s box and labeled them with tags I printed out. Now I will make a chart which shows what is in each box and tape it to the back of the door. I now need to look for more boxes to replace those bins. I do have more towels than that but they are in the laundry right now. It is nice to look in there and see thing all neatly stacked. 


Don never forgets to bring me flowers for our anniversary. It is so cheery to see flowers blossoming this time of year when everything is so white outside. 


I’ve just begun a new painting of paperwhites. I was going to save it to do at art class but I just couldn’t wait. 


This afternoon we are going over to Port Allegany to have dinner with Wendy. Her parents are coming up to visit so it will be a great get together. 


How are you spending this random Saturday?






1 comment :

  1. Your anniversary flowers are gorgeous ~ and what a contrast with the winter scene outside. I read Marie Kondo's book some two years ago. It's good. I'm going through old files now, getting rid of what I can. It's a long slow process. The boxes are pretty ~ just the right container is important. I can hear the wind coming up outside. Snow is moving in. Burr! Stay warm and dry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.