#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, January 21, 2019

Minus 7



Yep, really cold this morning.  This is more like the winter Bradford weather that I am used to. The good news is that it won’t stay and it is one day closer to Spring. 

We had such a great weekend spending time with Chris and Wendy.  





On Saturday they took us out to celebrate our 53rd wedding anniversary. We stayed in town since we had winter storm warnings and enjoyed a lunch at Perkins. During the day we played cards and watched movies. I made beef on weck for dinner. For those of you unfamiliar with this dish it is a local favorite. 
A beef on weck is a sandwich found primarily in Western New York State, particularly in the city of Buffalo. It is made with roast beef on a kummelweck roll. The meat on the sandwich is traditionally served rare, thin cut, with the top bun getting a dip au jus and spread with horseradish





Just bake an eye of round with onion soup mixfor quite a long time.  Slice thin and then put in a crock pot for a while. This meat is so tender and served with a large roll with kummelwick seeds and salt on the top.  
I also tried a new recipe. Bagels...

I used whole wheat flour and these turned out very dense but the seeds on top still made them tasty. I must have been on a roll...no pun intended...because I made Stone Gabel’s  homemade vegetable beef soup too. 


Just a note...I accidentally made this post using BlogTouch pro because I forgot it wasn’t working. But guess what?  It worked. hallelujah!!!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.