#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, January 05, 2017

Appreciation

IMG_6760

Maybe my new word of the year should have been appreciation. There are so many aspects to this word.

ap·pre·ci·a·tion

əˌprēSHēˈāSH(ə)n/

noun

  1. 1.

    the recognition and enjoyment of the good qualities of someone or something.

    "I smiled in appreciation"

    synonyms:
    valuing, treasuring, admiration, respect, regard, esteem, high opinion

    "her appreciation of literature"

  1. 2.

    a full understanding of a situation.

    "they have an appreciation of the needs of users"

    synonyms:
    acknowledgment, recognition, realization, knowledge, awareness, consciousness, understanding, comprehension

    "an appreciation of the difficulties involved"

    First of all I think of grateful when I think of appreciation. I appreciate it when someone does something nice so I know that they are thinking of me and hold me in high regard. How pleasant it is to get a little note, a small gesture, a gift out of nowhere and know that a person took the time to think of you as special. When someone reads your blog and takes the time to write a comment I get so excited to know that the person liked me well enough to write something down to me. When a phone call comes because they heard that you were having troubles and they wanted to let you know they were concerned about you lets you know that you are loved.  When a family member takes the time to show up at your doorstep just to say hello it makes me smile in appreciation. mean something
       For the second definition of having a full understanding of the situation I find the hardest thing to grasp is when you don’t understand and try as you do there is no way to comprehend it.  One of the hardest things is not knowing where you stand with someone. Have you ever been in the situation where you wonder if someone likes you or not? If you should continue the friendship or let it go? When you give but don’t receive? If you are appreciated or not? It’s agonizing when you can’t get a response from the other person.

4 comments :

  1. Anonymous9:23 AM

    a wonderful post peggy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate when a friend, who is visiting her sisters, makes times to make a new friend! So much of the goodness of life comes from paying attention, in small ways, and this is the basis for appreciation. I often pray for awareness - so that I can change, so that I can appreciate, so that I can see with an open heart. Thank you for this gentle reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. E9veryday is so appreciated....

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all love being appreciated and feeling valued. It's important to be kind to and appreciative of the people with whom we come in contact. Thanks for reminding me of this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.