#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, January 19, 2017

What is on your wall?

The photo prompt for today is “a wall”. To me a wall just calls out to be filled with something. I am NOT a minimalist! (understatement of the year). So I love to have something pretty to look at on a wall. My favorite wall of all in my home is this one.

IMG_6895

When we bought this house in 1973 this little room was used as a small tv room. It is brick because it used to be part of the outside of the house. Eventually someone closed in this small room with a sliding glass door. We used it at first to house our player piano then later our small hot tub. It was ideal for that because it had a cement floor with indoor outdoor carpeting. Then in 2006 we added our sunroom on to the back of the house. Then having a hot tub in a center room seemed strange. Add to that we didn’t use that hot tub all that much. So we sold it and turned this room into our office. I found beautiful furniture from Sauder (although putting it together was a pain for Don). The white dresser I painted with the leaves was already there and fit in well with the office furniture. I love that small piece because it has a double file drawer in the bottom. IMG_6894

This has given me a place for all my supplies and books. I am in this room a lot. I love that the brick gives it extra charm. 

2 comments :

  1. It's nice to meet you. I came over from Knee Deep in Dandelions....Your room is warm and cozy and I love the brick walls and wood ceilings...Perfect place to spend time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely space, Peggy! Lots of red in this room! The juxtaposition of the red flowers against the painted flowers is striking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.