#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Mellow yellow

Today’s prompt is “something yellow”. When I went to Walmart today I quickly used my iphone to take a picture of banana…how trite! I can do better than that. Yellow is not a color I use in my home very much but I did find these square plates. I remember being so excited about the bright colors and patterns on them. IMG_6858

Now they just sit in a china closet unused. I think I’ll get them out and use them tonight for dinner. Those colors would brighten up this white icy day. On top of those are two of the four yellow Fiesta plates that I collected. I didn’t collect them because they are rare but just because I liked the yellow color. IMG_6859At one time my kitchen was blue with white ducks on the wallpaper border. Do you remember that trend? I loved that cheery blue and white kitchen. I still have some blue dishes. The silver edged dishes that you see were a wedding gift from my Aunt. I used to bring them out for formal occasions but they haven’t seen the light of day for some time now.
IMG_6862When I looked around for something else yellow I took a photo of this rooster lamp that I got from the Valerie Parr Hill collection on QVC. I am not a big online shopper but my sister had this one and I liked it so much I got one too. It sits in the corner of my kitchen between the corner windows and is on a timer so lights up the kitchen at night.

What do you have in your home that is yellow?

On a personal note I cancelled my teeth cleaning in Warren this morning. We had icy roads overnight and even though some were clear I was afraid to drive by the dam with its shady roads. I’ve become much more cautious in my “old” age. I don’t take the chances that I once did. There will always be another time for what I need done.

4 comments :

  1. Anonymous8:40 PM

    love those colorful plates! I think you chose well.
    we're expecting a heavy three day ice event to start on Friday morning.
    an arctic front moving in from the north plus all the rain that's now in California.
    when it gets here it will be ice. hard on man and beast both! and today it was 79 degrees!
    we broke a record from 1911. ya just gotta love it. like summer one day and the next ice and all its damages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shady road can be bad. I am often fooled by bare roads and head to Warren for a meeting only to crawl along a slippery road that I call the river road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you are taking it easy on icy roads, Peggy. They scare the heck out of me. Your kitchen rooster lamp is so cute, and I loved your cheerful plates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my Fiesta dishes! They are so cheerful. I don't have much yellow in my house. Although I do have a few yellow Fiesta plates. :) Stay safe on those roads.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.