#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, January 27, 2017

Our Planet

download

Ok, I am going to get political on you so if you are a Trump fan maybe you should skip this post. I care about our planet. I’m worried about global warming and how I will leave this planet to my grandchildren to live in when I’m gone. I believe that we are not good caretakers and our mistakes will have irreparable damage to our future citizens. Already we have more than one crisis….the weather changes, polluted water and oceans, bad land management, destruction of the rain forest. I am scared for the future. United States has not been a leader in environmental protection. We have an Environmental Protection Agency and they have tried to do all they can to insure that our resources will be there for years to come.
  But the news the other night had me losing sleep…
 

The EPA has been roiled by turmoil during its first week under Trump, as members of the transition team issued what it has described as a temporary freeze on all contract approvals and grant awards. Trump's representatives also instituted a media blackout, clamping down on media releases, social media posts and other external communications issued by career staff.

AP reported Wednesday that Trump's political appointees have been scrutinizing reports and data published on the agency's websites for potential removal, especially details of scientific evidence showing that the Earth's climate is warming and man-made carbon emissions are to blame.

When the president calls global warming a Chinese hoax and cuts the budget of the EPA and reduces its workforce it sends a clear message that he isn’t interested in environmental issues. The “gag” order scares me and makes me wonder about suppression of our information.

   No matter who you supported in the election you can’t justify turning a blind eye to the problems of the world. I don’t know how or if I can help but if there is a march for the environment I need to give my support.

4 comments :

  1. One week and Trump is having a meltdown. His handlers must be going crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:43 PM

    i don't have to skip this post. i believe just as you do.
    and i sadly come from a state with two senators that BOTH think global warming and the concern for the environment is a hoax.
    of course BIG OIL keeps them in office and pays for their campaigns. the same as 'pruitt' who is also sadly ours and is now the rest of the country's burden to bear.
    so many steps backward. so many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This upset me too, Peggy. I was listening to a news clip on January 23rd and heard him say: "I'm a very big person when it comes to the environment. I have received awards on the environment. But some of that stuff makes it impossible to get anything built." That following on the heels of his muzzling the speech of EPA employees and other actions is chilling. I doubled checked the quote on C-Span. He said it during a meeting with business leaders. I'm going to be contacting my senators and congressmen a lot, I fear. And when it comes to the environment and women's rights, I will march! Sending you a big hug and love, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.