#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Monday, January 09, 2017

It’s not as easy as it sounds

One of my not stated goals (not a resolution, not a plan, just a goal) is to improve my photography this year. Everything I read from other photographers says that you can’t become better by just looking at photos, reading about how they are done, or browsing. You actually have to take your camera out and practice. I’m not good at that. It stays in the bag most of the time because I find myself busy with other things. But I need to make it a priority if I want to improve. 

  So I am doing a prompt a day to force myself to get out the camera and record. Today is the second day and I didn’t look at the prompt ahead of time. It was “breakfast” which I had already eaten. Sigh. So instead I took this picture with my iphone when I was at coffee with the girls. IMG_2521

It’s not a very good picture. But it is a picture. I am drinking green tea on a very cold morning. I find it refreshing. We go out every morning but I eat my breakfast at home. We sit, we talk, we share. I like getting up and meeting the girls for it gives me a reason to start my day by getting dressed and getting active. Tomorrow’s prompt is an “animal” so that should be easier. We are taking Sadie up to the vet at Orchard Park in Buffalo for an evaluation. Those of you who have been following my blog for a while know that Sadie has had her surgery but still won’t walk. We need to find out what is going on and if it can be fixed.

7 comments :

  1. I like the photo, sounds good to meet with the girls every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks difficult to taking pictures randomly, especially if it's just...anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to start the day, Peggy. Your photo tells a story when you look closely at it. Kudos to you for tackling your photography every day. Taking lots of photos is no problem with me. Taking too many is. But you have inspired me by the iPhone tips you have shared during the past year. So my plan for photography this year is to learn to use my iPhone as my main camera. I've been using it while finding, and I discovered that an iPhone records where you are in the air. Loved that! I look forward to seeing where your photo prompts take you this year! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the squirrel header, btw!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Louise for all your wonderful comments. Are you familiar with Emile Parkarklis? He sends free emails tips on how to take great iPhone pictures. Also IPad Pete gives tips on using the iPhone and it's functions. Great free resources.

      Delete
    3. Sorry it's Pakarklis.

      Delete
    4. Thanks, Peggy! I'll check these resources out!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.