#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Friday, January 13, 2017

What makes you smile

IMG_6875

There it is….the sun! It seems in the winter we don’t see it as often as I would like. We have bodies of water near us that pick up moisture and form clouds which block out any sun that might be there. Even though it’s cold when the sun shines it makes me smile. Today was one of those days. Yesterday it rained all day, we had flooding around our town and we lost electricity for three hours. The melting snow caused the creeks to rise and become swift ribbons of brown. But today the sun was out. That’s something to smile about.
IMG_6877Last night I finished my lighthouse painting at art class. This is from a photograph I took this summer of a lighthouse in Celeron, NY on Chautauqua Lake. I am giving it to my sister Diane.

2 comments :

  1. Both of these photographs touch my heart! The window view is timeless and brings many stories to mind. And your painting is truly gorgeous! Most of all, I love that little sliver of light on the floor before your painting - like a an arrow pointing the way toward some hidden treasure or guidepost. I'm sure your sister will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of the sun shining through the sheer curtain! It holds a promise of spring. I'm sure that your sister Diane will love this painting. First it is very well down, and second it was done by you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.