#header-inner img {margin: 0 auto 0 300px;}

Thursday, January 19, 2017

It’s just a Thursday in January

I find myself with a day. You would think that being retired I would have a lot of time on my hands. Not so, says she. As my sister always reminds me I have the same twenty four hours as everyone else. But I try to cram a lot of living in those hours. I’ve always been someone who likes to keep busy and learn so I can fill up time easily. That’s not to say that I don’t know how to relax. But when I do sit down I can think of things I want to do besides sit and watch tv. But today I have no appointments, no commitments, no place I need to be. I can choose to just sit at the computer, read or watch a video. But instead I think I will tackle the “dreaded” basement. Do you have a place in your house that never, despite your best efforts, seems to be in the state that you want it to be? That’s the basement for me. It is a catchall. In my promise to myself to get rid of my stuff I go down there periodically and eliminate some things and throw them away. Each time when a bag leaves I celebrate. I ask myself “is this thing usable in my life now?” I don’t entertain or have crowds of people as I did when I was younger so how many serving pieces do I need? Do I need all those fancy baking pans?  And what in the world are you keeping that for? Time to lighten up.

4 comments :

  1. Anonymous11:59 AM

    LOLOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!!! I've been slowly weeding things out whenever I am home for a few weeks. This is, pitifully, no lie. After I'd been retired from teaching for over four years, I finally parted with a big tub (over two gallons) of broken crayons from my classroom. After that long, I had to admit to myself that I would probably never use the crayons for some art project! I have several spots in our lower floor (like a finished walkout basement) and a crawl space that give me fits. I completely understand, and I wish you well with your basement, Peggy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmmmmm....how wonderful you will and Don't!! feel when it's all said and done!! Turn it into something fantastic for you, your grandchildren, your sons,...whatever...give that space LIFE,! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duh Oh!! Don...not Don't.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciated your thoughts.